- The blogosphere is now 70 million weblogs wide
- About 120,000 new weblogs are created each day – which means 1.4 new blogs are created every second
- 1.5 million posts per day which means 17 posts are made every second
What does that mean?
Some people might think it means there are so many Blogs out there how could my little Blog get noticed and make a difference? That’s not the right way to look at it though, and here’s why:
- 30007000 new splogs (fake, or spam Blogs) are created every day
- Only 19.4 million Bloggers (55%) are still posting 3 months after their Blogs are created
Which means a real Blog, with interesting content that is configured for maximum exposure and benefit, can find its place in the Blogosphere and make a difference in your SEO campaign and your marketing campaign as well.
Benefits of a Blog:
- Easy to update, once it’s set up you can create posts yourself and add fresh content as often as you want
- Blogs invite interactivity with your site viewers – the more you engage your visitors the more likely they are to buy (and the more they are likely to spend on each purchase)
- The search engines index more Blogs daily then web pages, so adding a Blog to your arsenal creates a second site that can be indexed and drive traffic.
- Your Blog can boost your main site’s rankings if set up properly.
- Many people are not aware of the power of Blogs and are just using a free Blogger.com Blog. They are missing out on the benefits of all the powerful Plugins** that come with a hosted Blog. Which means if you set up a powerful hosted Blog you are a step ahead of so many of the Bloggers out there.
**Plugins are features that are added to your Blog to make it more powerful. With Plugins your content can virally spread across the internet through RSS Feed, pings and so much more.